Friday, November 7, 2008

Relationship Bank Account

Recently in my English class, I began the assigned book, The 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens. One chapter in particular, "The Relationship Bank Account", truly hit close to my heart.

This chapter details the importance your relationships have on your life-and how you can improve them. Sean Covey, author of The 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens, compares your relationship to a-you guessed it- bank account. Each kind gesture you make toward someone is equivalent to a deposit while a spiteful doing is equal to a withdrawal.

This passage really struck me as my family is trying to nurture our relationships toward each other too. My siblings, Hannah and Hunt, and I are always very angry toward one another. The story Sean Covey told about losing trust with his father alerted me that I immediately needed to put more effort into being kind and loving to two of my dearest loved ones before I too go nearly bankrupt in my relationship bank account.

No comments: